You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the Occupational Therapy International Online Network (OTION).

Our goal is to provide an online resource for the international occupational therapy community through this on-line forum.

You will have the opportunity to participate in discussion topics related to your practice area and interact with your international colleagues. A moderator, who will be a resource to the group, monitors each topic.

We look forward to your participation and contribution to international occupational therapy practice.

If you are new, please click here to register. If you have already registered, click here to login.

#1 Sunday 3rd of July 2016 17:59

gpcguna

Forensic Occupational Therapy Research

Hi, I am an OT from Sri Lanka, working in the Forensic Psychiatry service of the National Institute of Mental Health. I am a diploma holder and following the diploma to BSc upgrade programme at University of Kelaniya, Sri Lanka. I hope to do my research in relation to the forensic OT but I couldn't find much research literature related to the field. Does anyone have done such a research or are aware about some?

Pradeep Gunarathne
Sri Lanka

#2 Monday 4th of July 2016 09:43

mieke

Re: Forensic Occupational Therapy Research

Dear Colleague,
When you give me your e mail contact I can connect you with two of my students. Their bachelorthesis goes about OT and forensic (in Germany) and for working on that topic ,they were doing literature search (national and international) .
Mieke le Granse
mieke.legranse@zuyd.nl

#3 Monday 11th of July 2016 16:11

lilialjara
Interim PCo Research WFOT

Thank you very much for creating this forum gpcguna! It is a great idea! I wil spread the word so more OTs can engage in this important topic!

Liliana

#4 Wednesday 13th of July 2016 18:28

gpcguna

Dear Mieke and Lilialjara,
Thank you for contribution on this topic. I have already sent an email to Mieke.
Hope to continue this discussion with more colleagues.

Regards,
Pradeep

Pradeep Gunarathne
Sri Lanka

#5 Wednesday 27th of July 2016 09:49

jmq

nice to hear from you Padeep, I've been interested in the field of vocational rehabilitation for those with forensic mental health issues and recently published a qualitative article and national guidance document which may be of interest. Not sure if the link below will work but it you google Towards Work in Forensic Mental Health it should come up and an article in the British Journal of Forensic Practice Exploring forensic mental health service users' views on
work: an interpretative phenomenological analysis
https://www.google.co.uk/webhp?sourceid … l%20health

http://www.forensicnetwork.scot.nhs.uk/ … er2012.pdf
Good luck with your research

Jean McQueen

#6 Thursday 28th of July 2016 02:12

gpcguna

Dear Jean,
Thank you for your information. I got your paper. I also have thought about that area.
I'll update what I am going to do.
Regards,
Pradeep

Pradeep Gunarathne
Sri Lanka

#7 Wednesday 25th of January 2017 22:08

lilialjara

Hello Pradeep!

I hope you are having a great start of the year. Wondering if you could give us an update on your work? Looking forward to it!

Liliana

Liliana

#8 Thursday 26th of January 2017 09:59

gpcguna

Hi Liliana,

I am at the beginning of my research. The research topic is "Occupational Engagement in Prisons: An evaluation of time-use in Sri Lankan Correctional setting". I aim to study the time-use and engagement in occupations among sentenced prisoners detained in the Welikada prison complex, Colombo 09.

I'll update you with findings at the end of the study. And thank you for caring. :-)

Pradeep Gunarathne
Sri Lanka

#9 Tuesday 7th of February 2017 17:30

lilialjara

What an exciting study Pradeep! Please do keep me posted, and please feel free to post any comments when in need of suggestions. I will direct other users who have a similar interest to this forum!

Liliana

#10 Tuesday 7th of February 2017 17:38

gpcguna

Hi Liliana,

Thank you for the encouragement. Of course I will.

Regards,

Pradeep

Pradeep Gunarathne
Sri Lanka

#11 Thursday 23rd of November 2017 17:40

gpcguna

Hi all,
I have completed my study on "Occupational engagement in prisons: an evaluation of time-use in Sri Lankan correctional settings". Unfortunately, it is under evaluation process as I did it as a part of my studies. Will forward the abstract as soon as I am cleared from the university.
Thanks all for support and encouragements.
Best wishes,
P

Last edited by gpcguna (Thursday 23rd of November 2017 17:40)

Pradeep Gunarathne
Sri Lanka

Board footer