You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the Occupational Therapy International Online Network (OTION).

Our goal is to provide an online resource for the international occupational therapy community through this on-line forum.

You will have the opportunity to participate in discussion topics related to your practice area and interact with your international colleagues. A moderator, who will be a resource to the group, monitors each topic.

We look forward to your participation and contribution to international occupational therapy practice.

If you are new, please click here to register. If you have already registered, click here to login.

#1 Friday 10th of June 2016 20:04

lilialjara
Interim PCo Research WFOT

Welcome to the Research OTION forum!

Hello colleagues from around the world! It is a pleasure to officially welcome you to the Research Forum of OTION, our first official Occupational Therapy global online network. The WFOT is pleased to provide this opportunity for occupational therapists, scientists and students from around the globe to connect, discuss, interact and together reflect upon the challenges and opportunities facing the science of occupation and occupational therapy across the globe.

Let me tell you a little bit about me: my name is Liliana, and I am currently the Interim Research Program Coordinator for the WFOT, and the Colombian delegate to the Federation. My areas of research include assistive technology, robotics, and driving automation and simulation. I am passionate about research and unveiling the ways in which occupation displays and transforms the lives of of individuals and communities across the globe.

Here you will find some proposed topics, but if you have research topic that you would like to discuss, post it!

Please join me as we explore, discuss and inquire of each other and the present and future of our scientific endeavors! Leave a comment, join the conversation, and lets join our voices for the power of occupation!

big_smile

Liliana

#2 Wednesday 15th of June 2016 12:33

chichayatf

Re: Welcome to the Research OTION forum!

Thanks Lilian,

I'm doing in research on Occupational Justice & disability policy. Looking for like-minded colleagues....

#3 Wednesday 15th of June 2016 13:41

lilialjara

Hi! Is nice to meet you (virtually at least :-). That is a very important field of study that characterizes research in occupational therapy. Maybe we can make it a topic in itself? I will create it and it will provide an opportunity for like minded researchers and practitioners to discuss and share. Also, you may know this already but the OTJR: Occupation, Participation and Health is publishing a special issue on Occupation and Justice which will be out in October. I will post the link to the site once its out!

Liliana

#4 Wednesday 15th of June 2016 13:51

hello dear colleagues,

I am very happy to see this opportunity to interact with colleagues all over the world. I am recently involved in assisstive technolgy. Can we share some knowledge about advice and follow up in the use of devices for people with motor problems? I want to make protocols about detecting the needs, the demands of the device and the follow up after the purchase of the device. Is there any scientific information for this?

thanks

Hilde

#5 Thursday 16th of June 2016 09:57

Lisa Wegner

Hello dear Colleagues

This is a wonderful idea to provide a global platform for occupational therapists to interact! Well done WFOT and those involved in setting it up! It will be so valuable to hear about the research being done by OTs around the world. My research interests lie in developing the role of occupational therapy in school and community settings to promote health and prevent risk behaviour in adolescents/youth, with a focus on on leisure exploration, education and participation. If there are any OTs who have similar interests it would be great to hear from you!

Warm regards
Lisa

#6 Saturday 18th of June 2016 10:21

Hello,

I come from Switzerland. I'm a clinical practitioner and a lecturer researcher in the University of Applied Sciences in the italian part of the Switzerland. My field of research is autism, family centered approaches and social participation. I am interested to share about this kind of topics and also to develop research projet with colleagues.
Thank you for this great opportunity!

Best regards,
Emmanuelle

#7 Monday 20th of June 2016 20:37

lilialjara

Thank you all for joining! It is great to virtually meet you and see the varied and important research interests we have including autism, youth health and participation, occupational justice and disability, assistive technology. Please feel free to invite others to join the discussion, and if you become aware of any resources that are available and would help the discussion, please feel free to post! Lets make this virtual community grow!

Liliana

#8 Monday 20th of June 2016 20:50

lilialjara

Also, please feel free to create new topics that can help colleagues with similar interests to come together! :-)

Liliana

#9 Wednesday 22nd of June 2016 06:44

junemc

Dear all OTs in research
I am a "geriatric" researcher - (or a late starter who happens to be over 60) from South Africa. I welcome this forum, and already find like minded people on it. My main area of research is human rights and wheelchair service delivery in poorly resourced areas, so would fit into many of the above mentioned interests. great to be in touch.
Kind regards
June

#10 Wednesday 22nd of June 2016 22:59

nighat tahir

hi lisa

i am occupational therapist from pakistan ,my research interest is almost same to you.i am part of action research which is carried out by Dr.Debbie keramer Roy. she started a collaborative research between pakistan and uk ,developing an inclusive education in pakistan-a collaborative project between pakistani occupational therapist and teachers.in this research we completed 1 year cycle in one school their ot went in school and work with teachers to set inclusive education pattern in school.

Lisa Wegner wrote:

Hello dear Colleagues

This is a wonderful idea to provide a global platform for occupational therapists to interact! Well done WFOT and those involved in setting it up! It will be so valuable to hear about the research being done by OTs around the world. My research interests lie in developing the role of occupational therapy in school and community settings to promote health and prevent risk behaviour in adolescents/youth, with a focus on on leisure exploration, education and participation. If there are any OTs who have similar interests it would be great to hear from you!

Warm regards
Lisa

#11 Thursday 23rd of June 2016 00:11

My name is Alexandria Simms. I am an occupational therapist, MSc student, and researcher at the University of Manitoba in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. I have been practicing since 2004 and have worked in adolescent mental health, spinal cord injury and amputee rehabilitation, and remote area community general practice in northern Canada. My current research interests include:

-    HIV and occupational therapy
-    Using technology to improve access to occupational therapy services
-    Activity and participation of people living with chronic health conditions across the lifespan
-    Integrating research evidence into occupational therapy practice

I would love to hear what clinicians or other researchers are doing with regards to using technology to provide occupational therapy services from a distance, particularly to clients living in remote areas.

#12 Thursday 30th of June 2016 01:16

lilialjara

Welcome to our newest members! What a wonderful variety of research interests! very much like the scope of practice and the power of occupation. I would like to encourage you all to create topics for like minded areas if you want to. That will allow you to have an area within the research forum to discuss that particular field of research. Looking forward to further interactions!

Liliana

#13 Sunday 24th of July 2016 16:34

AnaG

Hello everyone, my name is Ana and I am an occupational therapist from Spain. Currently I am working in the field of mental health disorders, and I am also studying my doctoral thesis about the evaluations of activities of daily living in people with schizophrenia.
I would like to contact with others collegues which are working in this field, and known what are they doing, and what are their challenges.

#14 Thursday 4th of August 2016 21:16

Hi everyone I love the possibility of being part of a global OT research community and hope we can spread the word to encourage others to join.

My name is Lynne and I am based in the UK. My area of research interest is related to the experiences of living with and managing rheumatic conditions. I have researched this over a number of years and supervised a range of healthcare professionals undertaking their PhDs in this area.

I guess i have a slant towards the use of qualitative methods but have also conducted a number of projects using mixed methods.

A lot of my work is now focused on supporting the development of early career researchers and I write and blog about this on a regular basis.

In case anyone is interested in the UK we have a regular twitter chat every Tuesday evening from 8-9pm UK time #OTalk and from October the first Tuesday in the month will be focused on a research topic. So if time zones allow you would be really welcome to join us.

Looking forward to more communication
Lynne

#15 Friday 9th of September 2016 16:13

Adriana

Hi everyone,
my name is Adriana. I work in a community based center  for people in psychotic crisis in Brazil. My reasearch for my doctoral thesis  is about leisure in the therapeutic projects of people with severe mental health. Understanding that leisure might be a way of giving another meaning to everyday life. I am not going to ideas that put leisure at one side and work at another. I work with the idea that leisure is a human necessity as any other. It has been very hard to find articles/ authors in OT who support this idea. I accept any help!!! Thanks.

#16 Wednesday 25th of January 2017 21:41

lilialjara

Hello everyone! Welcome to our newest members! I encourage you to start a forum on a specific topic within research that you would like to discuss. Also, please feel free to invite colleagues, students and clients to join OTION!

Liliana

Board footer