You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the Occupational Therapy International Online Network (OTION).

Our goal is to provide an online resource for the international occupational therapy community through this on-line forum.

You will have the opportunity to participate in discussion topics related to your practice area and interact with your international colleagues. A moderator, who will be a resource to the group, monitors each topic.

We look forward to your participation and contribution to international occupational therapy practice.

If you are new, please click here to register. If you have already registered, click here to login.

#1 Thursday 9th of November 2017 00:03

christy17

UK OT student would like to connect with an international student

Hi. My name is Christie.  I am a first year Occupational Therapy student in UK. We were set a challenge to connect with an international student to discuss about the course.
Could you help me please? Anyone speaking English or French is welcome. You can contact me via this forum or using my email: kristykwize17@gmail.com
Thank you.

#2 Monday 13th of November 2017 17:18

jessiesims

Re: UK OT student would like to connect with an international student

Hi Christie! My name is Jessie, I am a first year Occupational Therapy student in the US. I am in the Masters program at Elmhurst College and I'm interested in hearing about international programs! Let me know if you still want to discuss the course. Thanks!

#3 Tuesday 14th of November 2017 03:49

christy17

Hi Jessie.Thank you for your reply and your interest in sharing ideas.Yes Iam still interested in the discussion.Looking forward to hearing from you again.Thankx

#4 Tuesday 14th of November 2017 23:21

jessiesims

Great! My cohort just started class in August, so we are still in our first semester. I am actually president of the Student Occupational Therapy Association on our campus, and I attend school at Elmhurst College (In Illinois, a suburb of Chicago). I like the classes so far, although they are more introductory, so I am looking forward to starting more hands-on curriculum in the Spring semester. How do you like your program so far?

#5 Wednesday 15th of November 2017 18:30

christy17

Hi Jessie.Thank you once again for your kind reply.Iam an undergraduate student at Canterbury Christ Church University,a small city in Southeast England.The course started in mid September and the 1st academic year is finishing sometime in June.It is a 3yr program and each year is split into 3 terms.This year,we have 5modules to cover and do a 7 week placement.Iam enjoying the program so far especially the interactive part of it and Iam ooking forward to the placement

Board footer