You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the Occupational Therapy International Online Network (OTION).

Our goal is to provide an online resource for the international occupational therapy community through this on-line forum.

You will have the opportunity to participate in discussion topics related to your practice area and interact with your international colleagues. A moderator, who will be a resource to the group, monitors each topic.

We look forward to your participation and contribution to international occupational therapy practice.

If you are new, please click here to register. If you have already registered, click here to login.

#1 Saturday 2nd of September 2017 06:29

Volunteer Opportunities Pre/Post Congress

Hello All.

I am an Occupational Therapist, planning on attending the 2018 Congress. This will be my first WFOT Congress. I am very much looking forward to joining the international OT community!

I created this post in hopes of making connections with volunteer agencies in South Africa and other OTs who are passionate about community development and multi-cultural understanding. I would love to volunteer in South Africa immediately before or after the Congress. Does anyone supporting this forum have any links to contacts or organizations who can facilitate volunteer placement? Also, are there any other OTs who are interested in volunteering during this time?

Appreciatively,

Brittany Hutchison, M.S., OTR/L

#2 Saturday 23rd of September 2017 05:01

BrendaLouw

Re: Volunteer Opportunities Pre/Post Congress

Hi Brittany

There are 3 universities in Cape Town, each with an Occupational Therapy Division, and actively involved in community service. They are Stellenbosch University, University of Cape Town and University of the Western Cape.

I think if you contact any of these OT Divisions they may be able to assist in volunteer placement.

Regards

Brenda

#3 Sunday 24th of September 2017 06:41

Thank you, Brenda! I have contacted them.

Kind Regards,

Brittany

#4 Wednesday 22nd of November 2017 19:04

EWSN

Thanks for the information ladies! Just what we were wondering as well. Our 15 year old is insisting on attending with us big_smile and wants the chance to volunteer for the conference or local community while there. I'll direct her to the schools as well. Great mind think alike! We are so looking forward to it! Elizabeth

Board footer