You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the Occupational Therapy International Online Network (OTION).

Our goal is to provide an online resource for the international occupational therapy community through this on-line forum.

You will have the opportunity to participate in discussion topics related to your practice area and interact with your international colleagues. A moderator, who will be a resource to the group, monitors each topic.

We look forward to your participation and contribution to international occupational therapy practice.

If you are new, please click here to register. If you have already registered, click here to login.

#1 Sunday 15th of October 2017 14:48

relizabeth

UK OT student wants to connect with International OT students

Hi, my name is Robetha, a first year Occupational Therapy (OT) student, studying in the United Kingdom . We have been asked by our tutor to form connections with other international OT students in relation to our course.

In my first year we have six(6) modules, one of these are Occupational Health and Wellbeing, in this module we are studying the different models .

Question ; what is your view on the Biopsychosocial model

Robetha

#2 Sunday 4th of February 2018 06:32

kidnocnl

Re: UK OT student wants to connect with International OT students

Greetings Robetha,

I am a future OT in America.

Thanks,
Nancy Kidnocker

#3 Wednesday 28th of February 2018 17:43

Itachi50

Re: UK OT student wants to connect with International OT students

Hi, my name is Harshada Patil, a post-professional masters student from India, currently studying in USA.

According to me, understanding biopsychosocial model is important for us. We as occupational therapists view humans as occupational beings that perform chunks of activity (Clarke) daily, to achieve certain goals. The elements of this model parallel with our understanding of human interaction and environment. We study the relationship between person, occupation, and environment to understand health and wellbeing. The biological factors (genetic, ethnicity, etc), social factors (peers, family, etc) and psychological factors (behavior, personality, etc) help us understand the dynamics and factors responsible for impinging an individual's functional performance.

Harshada:)

Never Give Up

Board footer