You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the Occupational Therapy International Online Network (OTION).

Our goal is to provide an online resource for the international occupational therapy community through this on-line forum.

You will have the opportunity to participate in discussion topics related to your practice area and interact with your international colleagues. A moderator, who will be a resource to the group, monitors each topic.

We look forward to your participation and contribution to international occupational therapy practice.

If you are new, please click here to register. If you have already registered, click here to login.

#1 Tuesday 27th of December 2016 09:23

gpcguna

Rights of Persons with Disabilities

Hi all,

I am Pradeep from Sri Lanka. Is anyone working on "disability rights advocacy" within your practice. I really interested in to that field and thinking of how to integrate the idea of rights of persons with disability, especially UNCRPD concepts in to practice.

Pradeep Gunarathne
Sri Lanka

#2 Friday 6th of January 2017 14:33

chichayatf

Re: Rights of Persons with Disabilities

Hi Pradeep,

Thanks for bringing the topic up. I have a keen interest in the rights of persons with disabilities and occupational participation. Im currently doing research on applications of occupational justice in disability policy formulation in Namibia.

Tongai

#3 Friday 6th of January 2017 17:22

gpcguna

Re: Rights of Persons with Disabilities

It is great to hear that few of us are interested in the topic. I am doing a literature review on how the current legal and policy framework in Sri Lanka can support or resist the inclusion of persons with disabilities, these days. I will do a e-poster presentation at the Australian OT conference in this July as well. Hope to share the paper with you once it is published.
Anyway UNCRPD is a very relevant document for OTs.

Pradeep Gunarathne
Sri Lanka

Board footer