You are not logged in.

#1 Saturday 8th of September 2018 19:19

KoriScott

Clinical Fieldwork II opportunities

Hello Fellow OTs,

This is a thread for:

- Current OT graduate students looking for potential clinical fieldwork II placements
- Sites looking to benefit from providing clinical fieldwork II placements to OT graduate students 
- Tips from those in the know!

A little about myself:
My long-term goals include helping bolster the WHO's Rehabilitation 2030 goals to increase the presence of rehabilitative services worldwide, especially in countries where OT is still not accessible to many. However, my university does not currently offer international FWII placements, so I am attempting to make the connections myself. Ideally, I would like to work in Malaysia but am open to further possibilities. I have extensive volunteer/educational experiences throughout Asia and the Western Pacific region, and am limited to speaking English at this time.

Any input you all have is appreciated!
Many thanks,
Kori

KorinScott@gmail.com

#2 Tuesday 19th of March 2019 16:16

gotministries

Re: Clinical Fieldwork II opportunities

Hello!

My name is Megan Lewis and I provide graduate level OT fieldwork placements in Guatemala. 

We currently partner with 8 University OT programs across the country, and provide consistent therapy services in a Guatemalan Mayan village.  The ACOTE compliant, 3 month long placement includes comprehensive pediatric service provision: school-based, early intervention, and outpatient services with a wide variety of diagnosis.  Moderate Proficiency Spanish language skills is required. 

Please reply or email me at megan@gotministries.org with any interest in questions.  We are looking for interested graduate OT students and Universities who are interested in diversifying their fieldwork opportunities for both their Master's and Doctorate level students. 

www.gotministries.org

Have a lovely day!
Megan Lewis MOT, OTR/L

Board footer