You are not logged in.

#1 Tuesday 4th of July 2017 00:42

stephab

OT in Japan

Hi Everyone!
I'm wondering if there is anyone currently working in Japan as an OT?
I'm hoping to move to Tokyo this year as my partner started working there but don't speak Japanese.
I appreciate this means I won't be able to get my OT license but I'm wondering if there are other work opportunities related to the field.
Thank you so much for any input!
Cheers
Steph

#2 Saturday 12th of August 2017 09:18

kyoko

Re: OT in Japan

I'm an occupationale therapist in Japan. I suppose if you don't speak Japanese it would be difficult to find a job related as medical or welfare field.
If i could find any good information i will let you know. Hope you are well then enjoy your life in Japan.
Kyoko

#3 Friday 3rd of May 2019 13:10

annkrmtn

Is it possible to work as a shadow teacher or part time with basic japanese language?

#4 Monday 30th of September 2019 21:33

rwhitney

Hello all
I'm traveling to Japan in June 2020 to visit my son and his wife.  He was in Suzu for 2 years with the JET program and now back in Tokyo for 2 years. We will also be saying goodbye to our exchange student of 1 year (he will be returning home to Yokohama).   I am the Director of Scholarship and Faculty Development at an R1 university in the US (West Virginia Univ).  I am interested to see if I might meet with academic programs/ leadership in the area?  I'm interested to provide a guest lecture while I'm in the area and connect with fellow OTs while I'm in the country.  My areas of expertise are children and youth (mental health/sensory), program planning for educators and academic research system development. My Japanese is limited to greetings and simple one-word requests.

Please contact me if you know of any opportunities -- I will also be reaching out through other channels so pardon any redundancies.

Best

Rondalyn Whitney
rondalyn.whitney@hsc.wvu.edu

Board footer