You are not logged in.

#1 Thursday 18th of October 2018 08:58

dannz

OT happy to share experience of working in UK / New Zealand / Vietnam

I'm a UK trained OT, who now lives & works in New Zealand and has worked / volunteered in OT  roles in Romania & Vietnam. I've also traveled and visited OT schools in Argentine, Colombia and Chile. I have a number of blogs which share these experiences and am always happy to share knowledge to help others who may be interested to do the same.

'I'm tired of accepting limits, because people say its so, some things you cannot change, until you try, you'll never know'

#2 Friday 26th of October 2018 20:18

kzambraski

Re: OT happy to share experience of working in UK / New Zealand / Vietnam

Hello Dannz, I am very intersted in hearing more about your professional experiences in South America. I am a registered occupational therapist and plan to travel the world, beginning in Colombia 1/1/19 and hope to get involved!

#3 Friday 26th of October 2018 20:19

kzambraski

New Zealand and Vietnam are also on the list of destinations so any information regarding potential employment or volunteer opportunities in those areas would also be greatly appreciated. I look forward to connecting with you.

#4 Tuesday 12th of February 2019 15:46

sdotpryt

Hi danzz,
I am also interested in hearing about your experience, as I myself have traveled in New Zealand (prior to becoming an OT). I am currently completing my OTD and for a class am required to reach out to an OT working / living abroad and ask a few questions. If you wouldn't mind engaging in that conversation with me via email, mine is sarah.pultorak@wisc.edu.

Hope to hear from you!
Sarah

#5 Tuesday 16th of April 2019 20:04

dammondc

Hi - I'm a US-trained OT with almost 2 years of experience and am moving to the South Island (not sure where yet) in a month - I would love to connect with you via email to learn more about OT in NZ. I'm going to apply for registration soon however want to experience NZ before working in OT since the cultural component is important to learn about first.

Thanks,
Celine
celine.dammond@gmail.com

#6 Thursday 25th of July 2019 19:22

SherylC

Hi,

I'm a UK OT working in adult mental health rehab. I've been qualified nearly 6 months and am hoping to find a way to move back to N.Z as an OT (I lived there for a year 10 years ago on a working-holiday).

If you any advice or news of your experience securing a job out there I'd love to hear about it.

"The reason that people give up so fast is because they tend to look at how far they still have to go, instead of how far they have come.”

All good  wishes

Sheryl

#7 Wednesday 13th of November 2019 17:43

wframe

Hello Danz, I am a pediatric OT with 20 years experience.  I am interested in branching out to provide consultative OT services in developing countries that may not have the availability of OT's in their country.  Do you know of any organizations that may need this level of service?  Thank you.

#8 Monday 6th of January 2020 03:12

12amr

Hi there,

I'm a Canadian trained OT practicing in mental health. I would love to hear about your experience in Vietnam. I am hoping to explore opportunities for NGO/volunteer work there (or other countries in the region). Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited by 12amr (Monday 6th of January 2020 03:13)

Board footer