You are not logged in.

#1 Wednesday 15th of January 2020 08:12

Sandra K

Work in US

Hi, my name is Sandra. I studied Occupational Therapy. I graduated from university in 2015 in Sweden. I worked in the hospital after that. I am interested in moving and living in US (San Diego) because my family lives there and I want to work there as a occupational therapy. I want to ask anyone who knows information or has experience what a person needs to do in order to be able to work there in US.

Good bye


#2 Monday 2nd of March 2020 06:48


Re: Work in US

HI Sandra, Were you able to find information about practicing as an OT in USA? You would need to check on to find all the relevant information for your licensing process. Please let me know how it all goes for you.
Best wishes


#3 Thursday 7th of May 2020 12:48


Re: Work in US

Hi Sandra,

In order for an internationally educated occupational therapist (OT) to become a licensed OT in the United States (US), the individual must complete the following steps:
1. Complete the Occupational Therapist Eligibility Determination (OTED) process ( … ligibility)
2. Pass the NBCOT OTR exam
3. Apply for a Visa Credential Verification Certificate (if the individual is not a permanent resident or citizen of the US) ( … alServices)
4. Apply for a state license in the state in which he/she wishes to practice occupational therapy
5. Apply for a work visa with the USCIS (

You may email your queries to

Hope this helps.

Last edited by kmani2014 (Thursday 7th of May 2020 12:49)


Board footer