You are not logged in.

#1 Saturday 21st of March 2020 00:37

Lorrae Mynard

Free OT guide for managing the COVID-19 disruption

I am an occupational therapist in Melbourne, and this week I partnered with Occupational Therapy Australia to develop a free guide for managing the disruption to daily life caused by COVID-19. Here are direct links to the guide and poster, and a blurb about the guide written for a general audience - feel free to use any or all in whatever way may be helpful

If you are interested in translating the guide for use in your region, please contact me to seek permission and design files -  Lorrae.Mynard@monash.edu. There are already translations completed or in progress in Italian, Hebrew, Czech, Arabic, French, German, Portuguese, Chinese, Korean, Japanese, Sinhala, Tamil, Spanish, Swedish  and Greek - please also contact me if you would like to be put in touch with the translators for your language. Translations are being made available locally by the sponsoring associations, and will also be made available on the OTAustralia site when completed. Some translations are also available on the WFOT site, within member association COVID-19 resources.

Guide: www.bit.ly/2Ulksxz
Poster: https://bit.ly/2xVuUEu
Translated guides: https://otaus.com.au/member-resources/c … nd-support

Normal life has been disrupted: a guide for managing disruption to daily life
COVID-19 is causing widespread disruption to daily life for people across the world.While supporting social distancing restrictions to keep our communities safe, we also need to be mindful of how these current changes can impact on other aspects of health: including our mental health, fitness and occupational health. This guide discusses aspects of daily life — things that you probably always took for granted and now are having to re-think. An occupational therapy framework is used to consider how productivity, leisure, self-care, your space, routine and roles may be impacted and to present suggestions and examples of how to adapt and manage the disruptions. This has been designed to help everyday people adapt to the changes. A poster is also available for use in clinics or other public spaces. The links and/or pdf guide and poster may be shared freely.

Last edited by Lorrae Mynard (Wednesday 27th of May 2020 04:36)

#2 Saturday 21st of March 2020 16:32

Re: Free OT guide for managing the COVID-19 disruption

Thanks for sharing this Lorrae! I'm going to add it as a link in The Doing Library of beyondcovid-19.com

Last edited by Anna Braunizer (Saturday 21st of March 2020 16:33)

#3 Saturday 21st of March 2020 19:31

rpmc

Lorrae,
Thank You for the guide!
Creative Thinking and positive respondent action are some of what we do best! And your development of the Guide reflects that!
My Best Wishes to You all over there in Australia during this time of world crisis!
International collaboration/cooperation is one important factor in ultimately resolving this crisis.
Again, Thank You. [From the USA]
rpmc

Last edited by rpmc (Sunday 22nd of March 2020 01:37)

#4 Saturday 21st of March 2020 21:06

Thank you! From Brazil

#5 Monday 23rd of March 2020 23:17

Gracias!! Desde Argentina!

#6 Monday 30th of March 2020 11:31

Yannick UNG

Dear Lorrae,

I am an occupational therapist, PhD. and research associate at the University Paris Descartes-Sorbonne (France).

Thank you for sharing, unfortunately many French occupational therapists do not read English. Therefore, may I have your agreement and that of the Australian Association of Occupational Therapists to translate your guide into French (and keep your layout and computer graphics).

Of course, I will respect the mention of your name as author and send you the final version for validation before its possible publication.
You can reply to me at this address:   yannick.ung@cnrs.fr

I hope that your opinion will be favourable!
Yannick

#7 Sunday 12th of April 2020 19:01

Waadeid

Greeting Ms. Mynard!
Thank you for the wonderful guide, I am an occupational therapy academic, and would like to contribute by translating it into Arabic.
Can you point me to the direction to start the process? Thanks!

Waad Aljurayyad
1995waadeid@gmail.com

#8 Wednesday 15th of April 2020 06:50

AndreaH

Hi there,
Thank you for this work :-)
If you need help translating into German, please let me know.
I am OT (MSc, APT) from Austria, currently working in Switzerland. Just send me a mass (corpuselement@gmail.com)
Andrea

#9 Wednesday 15th of April 2020 14:28

Helena

Thank you for sharing Lorrae! From Namibia

Board footer